Some Common Sense of Early Detection of Cancer
Patients with the following cancers can have a long term suvival after surgery.
- Early gastric cancer: 5-year survival rate is more than 91%.
- Early cervical cancer: 10-year survival rate is about 94%.
- Early breast cancer: the cure rate is about 95%.
- Olorectal cancer: After the resection of the top canceration polyps, the cure rate can be more than 96%.
Experts remind, the annual physical examination may find out 70% of all the cancers, more than 80% of early cancers are found in physical examination. Experts point, the following 10 types of screening are effectively for early cancers.
- Sputum cytology: For lung cancer detecting.
- Chest low-dose CT photo: For lung cancer detecting.
- Digital rectal examination and pelvic examination: For gynecological cancer and rectal cancer detecting.
- Sigmoid colon endoscopy: For colon cancer detecting.
- Fecal occult blood test: For colon cancer detecting.
- Cervical scraping cytology: For cervical cancer detecting.
- Rectal examination, serum prostate specific antigen (PSA) and rectal examination: For prostate cancer detecting.
- Breast mammography: For breast cancer detecting.
- Venous blood examination: For almost all types of cancer, only be checked when the result is not determined.
- Type-B ultrasonic: For pelvic cancer, breast cancer, thyroid cancer and so on.