Home Navigation: How to Cook Mussels with Garlic
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 1/4 cups white wine
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped plus extra to garnish
2kg mussels in their shells, washed and debearded
1. Put onion, garlic, parsley, wine, salt and pepper in a large pot. Bring to the boil, then simmer for five minutes.
2. Add mussels, cover pot, and steam mussels, shaking the pan from time to time, for five minutes or until mussels have opened.
3. Remove mussels from the pot, discarding any shells that have not opened.
4. Turn heat to high and reduce sauce.
5. Arrange mussels on a platter, spoon over sauce and garnish with extra parsley. Serve immediately.